The ProQual Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations – Supervising Lifts qualification provides a nationally recognised qualification for candidates working as supervisors on site who are responsible for overseeing the safe lifting of plant or materials for construction building projects.
The awarding body for the qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).
The specification for this qualification has been approved by the Welsh Government for use by centres in Wales and by the Council for the Curriculum Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) for use by centres in Northern Ireland.
This qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and it provides a progression route to discipline related qualifications.
The (NVQ) Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations — Supervising Lifts will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as lifting operations and developing and maintaining good working relationships.
This qualification covers the following areas:
- Supervising lifting operations using lifting equipment in the workplace
- Co-ordinating and organising the control of work in the workplace
- Allocating and monitoring the use of plant, equipment or machinery in the workplace
- Maintaining the dimensional accuracy of the work in the workplace
- Co-ordinating preparation work for site or lifting operations in the workplace
- Allocating work and checking people’s performance in the workplace