The ProQual Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations – Planning Lifts qualification provides a nationally recognised qualification for individuals who specialise in planning the preparation of site and work activities and planning the lifting activities using cranes and/or lifting equipment to demonstrate their competence.
The awarding body for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).
This qualification is for Appointed Persons/Lift Planners holding the CPCS ‘Red Trained Operator’ card who is required to upgrade to the CPCS ‘Blue Competent Operator’ card.
The (NVQ) Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations — Planning Lifts (Construction) will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as lifting operations and developing and maintaining good working relationships.
This qualification covers the following areas:
- Planning lifting activities using cranes and/or lifting equipment in the workplace
- Planning activities and resources to meet work requirements in the workplace
- Evaluating and selecting work methods to meet project or operational requirements
- Planning the preparation of the site for the project or operation in the workplace
- Identifying, allocating and planning the development and use of plant, equipment or machinery in the workplace
To achieve the qualification candidates must complete ALL of the Mandatory units which are:
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Planning Lifting Activities Using Cranes and/or Lifting Equipment in the Workplace
- Planning and Establishing Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Systems for Lifting Operations in the Workplace
- Planning Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplace
- Evaluating and Selecting Work Methods to Meet Project or Operational Requirements in the Workplace
- Planning the Preparation of the Site for the Project or Operation in the Workplace
- Identifying, Allocating and Planning the Deployment and Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace