NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Specialist Installation Occupations
The ProQual Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Specialist Installation Occupations (Construction) qualification provides a nationally recognised qualification for those working in the construction and the built environment sector working across a broad range of areas. They are designed to assess occupational competence in the workplace where candidates are required to demonstrate skills and knowledge to a level required in the construction industry.
Its main objective is to confirm the learner's occupational competence as a Specialist Installation Operative. Being a work-related, competence-based qualification it will provide, on completion, confirmation to employers, industry managers and card schemes that learners have the skills and knowledge needed to meet the nationally recognised standard to carry out their preferred role.
There are 7 specialist pathways:
- Pathway 1: Insulated Enclosures – Industrial
- Pathway 2: Insulated Enclosures – Commercial
- Pathway 3: Industrial Storage Systems – Installation
- Pathway 4: Door and Shutter Systems – Installation
- Pathway 5: Door and Shutter Systems – Repair
- Pathway 6: Blinds and Solar Shading Systems – Installation and Maintenance
- Pathway 7: Architectural Metalwork Installer
- Pathway 8: Acoustic Packages and Framework Installer
Learners can leverage on the skills and knowledge acquired from achievement of this qualification when working towards earning another qualification or gaining employment.
The awarding organisation for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).